A meeting was held in Nur-Sultan within the framework of the project «Empowerment of young women of Central Asia in the energy sector».
On July 14, 2022, a high-level meeting and a study trip to the Renewable Energy Landfill were held in Nur-Sultan, aimed at promoting the participation of young women in the renewable energy sector within the framework of the project «Empowering young women of Central Asia in the energy sector».
The event was organized by the Kazakh-German University together with the Office of the Coordinator of Economic and Environmental Activities of the OSCE.
The meeting was also attended by:
- Vice-Minister of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan Zhanat Zhakhmetova.
- EU Special Representative for Central Asia Terhi Hakala.
- Ambassadors of partner donor countries.
- Volker Frobart, Head of the OSCE Program Office in Nur-Sultan.
- Representative of the Polish OSCE Chairmanship in 2022 Tomasz Kollat.
- Attache of the Embassy of the Republic of Tajikistan in the Republic of Kazakhstan Gulbonui Fazliddin.
Together with energy experts, students from universities in Kazakhstan and Tajikistan discussed how the transition to renewable energy sources in Central Asia can be an opportunity for women's empowerment, and what role the international community can play in facilitating this transition.
The participants also met with representatives of industry, academia, civil society and other international organizations. Together we discussed the real life experience of those who work in the energy sector, and talked with like-minded people, potential employers, role models for women and mentors.