This is the first specialized Master’s program in the field of renewable energy and energy efficiency in Central Asia. The specificity of this educational program is that we invite students, undergraduate students with a technical (engineering, energy) background, who will receive theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in the design and management of renewable energy facilities, as well as in the management of the entire range of issues related to the development of green energy, including energy conservation and energy efficiency improvements.
The Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan issued a license to DKU for this Master's program in 2020.
This educational program was created in close cooperation with leading universities of Germany and is supported by the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the USAID Power Central Asia regional program.
The purpose of the program
The educational Master’s program is to train highly qualified specialists of international level in the field of strategic management of renewable energy and energy efficiency, who are able to manage renewable energy facilities, using the skills of strategic and innovative management, improving energy saving and energy efficiency of energy networks and decentralized sources of renewable energy, using advanced economic and managerial approaches.
An important feature of this master’s program is the transfer of German experience to Kazakhstan and in general to Central Asia, since none of the Central Asian countries has a specialized master’s programs in the management of renewable energy.
Who can apply?
Bachelors and Masters in Engineering and Technology, Thermal Power Engineering, Electric Power Engineering and other engineering and environmental professions, as well as employees of renewable energy companies and government organizations who would like to promote «green» energy in Kazakhstan and other Central Asian countries. In addition, representatives of economic and management professions are welcome to apply.
Advantages of the program
- Developed in collaboration with German universities and DKU professors, as well as business representatives.
- Transfer of German experience in this industry to the Central Asian region since there are no specialized master's degree programs in the field of renewable energy management in the countries of the region yet.
- Lectures are given by lecturers from leading German universities.
- Invited lecturers from leading companies in the energy sector of Kazakhstan.
- 10 USAID scholarships covering all expenses for tuition, accommodation, meals and transportation.
The following documents (scanned copies) must be submitted for applicants from Kazakhstan by July 30, 2022, and for applicants from Central Asia by August 10, 2022 for email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The original diploma with an appendix, notarized copies of the diploma with an appendix and a translation into Russian.
- Medical certificate 075U.
- A copy of the identity card and/or passport (+ an officially translated copy in Russian for foreign students).
- 6 photos 3×4.
- CV (reflecting your work experience and scientific articles).
- English. TOEFL 560 or IELTS 6 certificate (in the absence of this certificate, the candidate takes the English language exam at DKU).
- Essay on the topic «Development of renewable energy in Central Asia» (2 pages, font «Times New Roman», font size 12, in English).
- Motivation letter (in English or Russian).
- List of scientific and methodological works (if available).
- A personal personnel record sheet from the place of work or a notarized copy of the workbook (if available).
- A copy of the registration certificate / military ID (for men).
- Receipt of payment for comprehensive testing of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan (for citizens of Kazakhstan.
For all questions regarding admission, you can write:
Alexey Kobzev, Project Manager for Renewable Energy and Climate Change, email@example.com
Dinara Shakhmetova, firstname.lastname@example.org
Psychology and pedagogy of higher education
History of science and foreign language
Renewable energy sources
Innovation, strategic and operational management
Economics and energy management
Business audit and investment analysis
Graduates of the program have the opportunity to build a career in business companies and enterprises in renewable energy and energy efficiency and consulting services related to this area.
The main feature of this master's program is close cooperation with representatives of business and industry in the field of renewable energy and regular assessment of the needs of the labor market to determine the skills needed by graduates of this program.