Actual DAAD project
Current DAAD project 2021−2024
Since 2007, within the framework of various projects, the Kazakh-German University (DKU) has received financial support from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The aim of the project is to support the development of DKU and strengthen the cooperation of the university with its partners in Germany.
The current project is called «Language-Digitalization-Transfer. Project to support and develop the Kazakh-German University».
Implementation period: 2021−2024.
The project partner is the University of Applied Sciences in Schmalkalden, where the project office is also located and works in close cooperation with the project office in Kazakhstan.
Objectives of the project:
IMPROVEMENT OF THE LANGUAGE COMPETENCE OF DKU STUDENTS AND EMPLOYEES, INTERNALIZATION
- conducting summer and winter intensive language courses for students.
- conducting intensive language courses for teaching staff and DKU staff;
- organization and financial support of language courses for staff in Germany;
- invitation of students from German universities to DKU under the «Study of modular disciplines in Central Asia» program and their support;
- organization and holding of scheduled meetings of the consortium participants;
- organization and holding of the annual International Summer University at DKU.
SUPPORT AND FURTHER DEVELOPMENT OF EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND FLYING FACULTY, DIGITALIZATION OF PROCESSES IN DKU
- search for German lecturers (Flying Faculty), organization and planning of their trips to Kazakhstan;
- development of training programs in cooperation with German partners;
- Strengthening DKU's ties with universities and business partners in Germany and Central Asia;
- comprehensive support of DKU in the preparation and implementation of accreditation;
- providing scholarships for DKU students to study in Almaty and in Germany as part of an academic exchange;
- support for digitalization of processes in DKU.
SUPPORT FOR DKU EVENTS, PROGRAMS, AND PROJECTS
- LogCentre financial support;
- financial support for the Cargo Bike Pilot project;
- financial support for the activities of the Internal & External Communications Department;
- financial support for the discussion platform «DKU Talks»;
- Financial support of the Centre for Research & Graduate Education (CRGE);
- financial support for student projects.
News from the project
You can find current announcements from the project at: https://www.dku-projekt.de/