Educational programme «Integrated water resources management»
The programme covers interdisciplinary issues in the field of supply, distribution and rational use of water resources in Central Asia. The aim is exchange of advanced international practices to aid in solving water and environmental problems at all levels.
The programme content is developed in collaboration with the Free University of Berlin (Freie Universität Berlin) having many years of experience in education in the field of Water Management including Central Asia.
Courses are conducted by professors from Freie Universität Berlin and experts from German and Central Asian organizations. Students actively participate in research projects and practical activities.
Requirements for admission:
• Citizenship of Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan or Kyrgyzstan;
• Bachelor's degree in the field of natural, agricultural, and technical sciences as well as in the area of economic, social and human sciences with minimum 3 years of experience in the field of water resources management, environmental studies or water control facilities (hydraulic structures).
- Theoretical basis of Regional Research
- Methodology of Regional Research
- Water Resources Management
- Environmental Law, Policy, and Economics
- Technical basis of Water Resources Management
- Field Research and Data Analysis
The programme graduates may obtain professional development:
• at public administration bodies;
• at state, municipal and private enterprises and institutions for water supply;
• at national and international unions, non-governmental organisations;
• at higher education institutions;
• in the field of nature protection, environment and natural resources.