2010. IX International Summer University «Germany and Kazakhstan — 19 Years of Dialogue and Partnership» at DKU, August 9−20, 2010 in cooperation with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
2011. X International Summer Schoool «Migration and Remittances in Central Asia», August 1−5, 2011 in cooperation with The Osteuropa-Institut Regensburg (OEI) and VW Foundation.
Summer school organized by the Osteuropa-Institut Regensburg (OEI) in Germany in cooperation with the VW Foundation was the element of the research project «Migration and Remittances in Central Asia» which explored two highly relevant topics for Kazakhstan and Tajikistan: the scope, patterns and impacts of migration and remittances Summer School report:
Out of high number of very competitive applications were selected 20 and during the Summer School participants had a chance to present their research projects.
Courses were organized and taught by Professor Dr. Jerger and Dr. Barbara Dietz (OEI)
Dr. Jürgen Jerger gave lectures on fundamental theo¬ries of migration and economic effects of monetary transfers, Dr. Barbara Dietz gave lectures on Research design and methods.
2012. XI International Summer University «Rio 20+ - Sustainable Development in Central Asia: Realities and Perspectives» (Rio 20+ - Nachhaltige Entwicklung in Zentralasien: Realitäten und Perspektiven), August 13−15, 2012 in cooperation with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
This year’s Summer School focused on different aspects of Sustainable Development, such as ecology, economy and society.
- Module 1: «Ways to preserve nature and the environment for future generations (Wege zum Erhalt von Natur und Umwelt für nachfolgende Generationen)», Dr. Daniel Karthe, UFZ Magdeburg.
- Module 2: «Sustainable management as a sustainable provision for the future (Wirtschaften als nachhaltige Zukunftsvorsorge)», Dr.-Ing. Manfred Bornmann, RKW Dresden.
- Module 3: «Social: Contribution of politics and culture to the sustainable development of society (Beitrag von Politik und Kultur zur nachhaltigen Entwicklung der Gesellschaft)», Mr. Horn, political assistant in the Landtag of Saxony (Fraktion Die Grünen).
2013. XII International Summer University «Sustainable development and effective resource policy», August 12−23, 2013 in cooperation with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
Two weeks of intensive study consisted of three modules taught by prominent international and regional scholars and experts on sustainable management and resource efficiency:
- Module 1: «Resource efficiency and competitiveness of a national economy», Prof. Dr. Joost Platje.
- Module 2: «Resource Efficiency and Environmental Protection (Language German)», Sebastian Riedel.
- Module 3: «Sustainable Development and Effective Resource Policy. Integrated Water Management Module».
- Ms. Ziganshina/Uzbekistan
- Mr. Ovezmuradov/Kazakhstan
- Mr. Dzhailoobaev/Kyrgystan
- Mr. Akhmetov/Kazakhstan
- Mr. Bobokhodhiev/Tadshikistan
- Ms. Kendzhebaeva/Kazakhstan
2015. XIII International Summer University «Innovations for sustainable development: experiences and projects», August 10−22, 2015 in cooperation with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
This year’s Summer University continued the theme of sustainable development with the focus on environmental management systems in the energy sector, green logistics and civic engagement and NGO activities in these fields, geared towards students with various academic and cultural backgrounds.
- Module 1 «Ecology: Environmental protection and quality of life», Prof. Urban.
- Module 2: «Economy: Sustainable competitiveness through resource efficiency», Prof. Dietrich Thess.
- Module 3: «Social sciences: Sustainability and human action», Dr. Teschendorf.
2016. XIV International Summer University «New Roads for Sustainable Development», 15−26 August, 2016 in cooperation with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
Sustainable Developments is not only about new technologies and innovations, it is also about effective management and changing lifestyle habits of the population. Summer University covered such important aspects of sustainable development as economics, management of natural resources and social changes.
- Modul 1: «Global, Intercultural and Strategic Competence in Business Management», Prof. Otto Hammer, HS Mittweida.
- Modul 2: «Transboundary Environmental Resource Management in Central Asia», Prof. Michael Walther, WWF Mongolia.
- Modul 3: «Livelihoods and mobility in Central Asia», Dr. Claus-Bech Hansen (tbc), ZEF, Uni Bonn.
2017. XV International Summer University, 17−30 July 2017, «Green Energy and Green Economy — new trends for Central Asia» in cooperation with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
Summer University 2017 offered courses on new trend in environmental economics, with the extensive analysis of its basics, benefits, as well as threats and opportunities for Central Asia.
- Modul 1: «Environmental economics — basics, cost and benefit analysis», Dr. A. Diebold, Tirana.
- Modul 2: «A SWOT analysis of renewable energies in Central Asia», Dr. Ines Freier, Potsdam.
2018. XVI International Summer University «Regional and Transnational Cooperation in Central Asia», 30 July to 11 August 2018, in cooperation with the DKU Project and Konrad Adenauer Foundation.
Two weeks program consisted of lecture sections, group work, student presentations etc. After lunch all participants gathered to attend one external presentation of a regional specialist, followed by cultural program and guided tours.
- Modul 1: «Central Asian Integration: Chances and Challenges», Dr. Steve Schlegel, TU Dortmund, Germany.
- Modul 2: «Insecurity and Security Cooperation in Central Asia», Dr. Rustam Burnashev/Dr. Irina Chernykh, Almaty.
XVII International Summer University «Digitalization in Business and Engineering: Central Asia and Germany in comparison», 5−17 August 2019, in cooperation with the DKU Project and PricewaterhouseCoopers Kazakhstan.
Despite greater use of digitalization in business and engineering, there has been little research done into how digitalization is implemented concretely in business and engineering, and how far the corporate processes in Kazakhstan and Germany are digitalized. Summer University offered two modules on fundamental aspects of digitalization in modern economics and implementation of digital technologies.
- Modul 1: «Comparing digitalized economic and business processes in Central Asia and Germany», Prof. Dr.-Ing. Frank Gillert, University of Applied Sciences in Wildau, Germany
- Modul 2: «Development of digital technologies in engineering and logistics», Prof. Dr. Galina Bykova, Moscow Automobile and Road Construction State Technical University, Moscow, Russia