Tuition and scholarships
Annual tuition fee for academic year 2018−2019:
Bachelor programme 850 000 tenge
Master programme 900 000 tenge
Candidates for bachelor’s degree can apply for state educational grants of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan. These grants are awarded on a competitive basis depending on what major you are applying for, language of instruction and forms of education in accordance with the results of the Unified National Testing or Complex Testing.
Candidates who would like to apply for these grants of the MES of the RK can submit their documents to admissions office at any university, and should indicate KGU as the first priority in the list of universities. Our code is 082.
More than 30% of gifted students of KGU get scholarships funded by our German partners annually.
Scholarship is granted for one academic year. However, students demonstrating excellent academic achievements are able to get a discount in the future.
Types of scholarships:
- German academic exchange service DAAD grants a financial support by giving scholarships on tuition fee for students demonstrating high academic achievement;
- German academic exchange service DAAD, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Germany and CAREC grant scholarships on tuition fee for Master programme students of «Integrated Water Resources Management»;
- Consulate General of Germany in Almaty grants scholarships on tuition fee for students belonging to the German minority;
- Applicants holding Deutsches Sprachdiplom (B2, C1) and scored not less than 50% on the entrance exam of KGU and 75 point on UNT are granted a 25% scholarship in the first year of study;
- Non-resident students and students from Central Asian countries having excellent and good test results receive a monthly stipend for accommodation in Almaty.
The conditions and procedure of granting scholarships can be found in the Regulations on scholarship of the Kazakh-German University annually approved by the Board of the university. Distribution of discounts and scholarships is carried out by a special Committee.