The Natural Resources Institute (NRI) was reviewed and adopted at a meeting of the Academic Council of the Kazakh-German University (GKU), approved by the President of DKU in April 2017.
The Natural Resources Institute is focused on the development of natural science researchers in Central Asia, promoting the development of scientific and practical potential on the problems of managing natural resources in the countries of the region, as well as strengthening cooperation with international, regional and Kazakhstan scientific organizations. To achieve its goals, the Institute has taken the following actions:
- Creating platforms for scientific research in the field of natural resources and maintaining a scientific and professional network (teachers, young researchers, experts and graduates of the IWRM Master Program);
- Study of issues of regional cooperation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Central Asia and foreign countries;
- Organization and holding of scientific conferences, round tables, seminars, master classes on water management (WRM), including political, socio-economic, environmental, geographic information and technical aspects;
- Improving the qualifications of teachers of higher educational institutions, industrial specialists and representatives of state bodies through trainings involving international and regional experts in the field of water resources management;
- Issue of scientific publications based on the Central Asian electronic journal on water research.
More details on http://www.academic-waters.org/en/